About CG3 Photography
hi….my name is caroline.
I am a Photographer and an Interior Designer with a passion for Architecture, history, and Art. I am inspired by all things vintage, colorful and fun. Cities inspire me, people inspire me and my family inspires me. I love long drives through the countryside. I love to stumble upon a small quaint town, sip a coffee and explore Antique shops. I have been known to immediately stop the car, jump out and photograph something that caught my eye: an old barn, a beautiful Willow tree or wheat fields.
I love the CITY too! I currently reside near Chicago but my first true love has always been New York City. There’s something about NYC that ignites a blast of inspiration and creativity in me. I can walk for hours with my camera in tow and take endless photos. There’s never a dull moment in NY!
Here are a few things about me……
1) I love to be comfy! I can’t live without my jeans, Uggs, dresses, cardigans and my Toms. You would never find me in 6″ heels. Ouch! I love to collect boots and jackets/coats.
2) I love CHAIRS! I could have a house full of just chairs. The Eames Lounge Chair, Panton Chair, Bertoia Chairs, Breuer Wassily Chair, Le Corbusier, Saarinen, Mies Van der Rohe Barcelona Chair and my all time favorite….Arne Jacobsen EGG chair. Love!
3) My “dream” car is a vintage Volkswagon Beetle in yellow.
4) I love 80′s movies. My favorite is 16 Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink.
5) I love to travel. Outside of the US, my favorite city of all time is BARCELONA. Amazing..
6) I love to re-purpose things. From drab to FAB!
7) I love Sangria. My recipe is awesome!
8) I love design and I love creating. My mind is always on.
9) I love my “things”. I find and collect a lot of cool and interesting pieces. I wish I had a storage unit! So I have lots of cool “props” for photo shoots.
10) I love my hometown….Buffalo, NY. Born and raised! I love TRUE Buffalo wings from The Anchor Bar and Duffs. I love Loganberry, I love the Buffalo Bills (yes I know…hahaha), I love Chicken Finger Subs, I love my old high school Sweet Home Sr. High (class of ’92 baby!) and most of all I love the people of Buffalo.
11) And of course I love and adore my FAMILY. My husband is a wonderful man who encourages me to follow my dreams and is always very supportive. He is my best friend. And my kids are awesome. I think they are growing too fast, and I can’t believe how big they are getting. Whenever I think of them my heart fills with love. Last, but not least, let’s not forget my furry child….Max! He’s a very handsome Yellow Lab. He is a great dog and I love him to pieces! I have been truly blessed with an amazing family.
If I photograph you and your family, I will ask you to play. I will ask you to tell me your best joke, maybe even sing your favorite song.
My pictures are stylistic, creative, whimsical, fun, and romantic. I like to capture somber moods, serious faces, quirks, half-smiles, and of course, laughter and full sets of teeth. I guess you can say that if you want a traditional photographer, who will take a portrait of you or your loved ones propped up neatly, while sitting and staring straight at the camera, that’s not my style. Every so often, I’ll come up with some crazy idea for a prop, and my wonderful husband, always seems to help me make it work.
I always take great pride in my work, and strive to make sure that all my customers are completely satisfied with their photographs. This is why I make sure that your custom session, is just that, YOUR CUSTOM session.